EXPORT – IMPORT INTRODUCTORY
- EXIM Overview, Benefit of Export – Import Business, (Video Explanation)
- Glossary of EXIM Business.
- Some Understandable Points.
- Indian’s Export by Region (2014-15 & 2015-16)
- India’s Top 50 Commodities of Export.?
- Top 50 Countries of Export.
- Commodities wise India’s Export.
- Country wise India’s Export.
- India’s Top 50 Commodities of Import.
- Top 50 Countries of Import.
- Commodities wise India’s Import.
- HS CODE / HSN CODE (Harmonized System of Nomenclature). (Video Explanation)
- IT C (HS) Classifications of Export & Import Items. To know whether your product is
free/Restricted/prohibited to Export or Import. (Video Explanation)
FORMATION OF EXPORT-IMPORT FIRM. HOW TO GET IEC CODE.
- Important Tips for Obtaining Importer-Exporter Code Number. (Video Explanation)
- Important Provisions for I.E.C. Number under FTP-2009-14.
- List of Documents required for online application for obtaining I.E.C. Number.
Application for Obtaining IEC Number contain following documents.
- Online Application of I.E.C. Number along with details of Partners / Directors in separate
sheet, if applicable.
(See video Explanation on How to Apply of IEC online – visit this link _______).
- ANF 2(A) I - Bank Certificate Format./ Cancelled Cheque bearing pre-printed name of the applicant entity and A/C No.
- Check list for obtaining Importer – Exporter Code Number / IEC Application Check List.
- Real copy of I.E.C. Number
HOW TO FIND OVERSEAS MARKET / BUYERS? HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH THEM?
INTERNET/ONLINE – MARKET DEVELOPMENT
- How to Find Overseas Market for Export Goods.
- Format of Letter to Trade Representative (Indian Embassy) at Abroad asking for
Buyers/Importers of particular Product.
- Format of Letter to a Foreign Trade Representative (Foreign Embassy) in India asking for
Buyers/Importer of particular Product.
- Format of Letter of Acknowledgement to the Trade Representative (Indian Embassy Abroad)
after received their reply.
- Format of Introductory Letter from Exporter to Foreign Buyer / Importer.
- Format of Acknowledgement reply to Foreign Buyer/Importer after their reply of our introductory letter.
- If you need any more information, Format of Letter to foreign Buyer asking for more information for Quoting Price.
- Format of Quotation to Foreign Buyer with Term of Delivery and Payment.
- List of Indian Embassies at Foreign.
- List of Foreign Embassies in India.
INTERNET / ONLINE – MARKET DEVELOPMENT
- Smart Business – Integrate Technologies.
- Learn more about Online Marketing Products.
- Static – Versus – dynamic Websites – Difference.
- B2B Portals (For Sourcing Buyers and Sellers globally), Search Engines (To find Importers and Exporters globally),
useful websites of Government for Export-Import.
- How Search Engines Works.
PART - 4
MARKET DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE FOR EXPORTER / EPC (Export Promotion Council)
- MDA- Marketing Development Assistance for Individual Exporters.
- Participation in Trade Fairs / Exhibition Abroad and/or Built up Furnished Stall Eligibility
Criteria & Maximum Ceiling for MDA & Terms & Conditions.
- EPC (Export Promotion Council). (Take from Session 3-Point 8)
- List of Grantee Organizations (Export Promotion Councils) Under MDA Scheme.
- LIST OF APPROVED ORGANISATIONS WHO CAN SPONSOR PROPOSALS FROM THEIR MEMBERS.
- PROFORMA FOR APPLICATION FOR RECOGNITION AS AN APPROVED ORGANISATION / TRADE BODY.
- Application Form for Marketing Development Assistance For participation in Trade
Fair/Exhibition/BSM/Trade delegation abroad.
- SAMPLE APPROVAL LETTER (To be issued by FIEO/EPC/Commodity Board/APEDA/MPEDA).
- Claim Form for Marketing Development Assistance for Participation in Trade fairs/Exhibitions/BSM/Trade
- CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT CERTIFICATE FORMAT.
- MONTHLY UTILIZATION REPORT REGARDING FUNDS FOR REIMBURSEMENT TO INDIVIDUAL EXPORTERS.
(From A to J, Copy from file Session 3-1-A)
- Market Development Assistance to Exporting Companies. MDA – Salient Features of the Scheme.
- Export Promotion Councils (Appendix-2 of Foreign Trade Policy & Handbook of Procedure
Contain List of EPCs / Commodity Boards). Please find “Appendix” file in the
“ATTACHMENTS” folder. In the File, Sr.No. 2
- Application for Registration-Cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) with Federation of Indian Export Organization (FIEO).
- Application Forwarding Letter on Party’s Letterhead.
- Appendix-19A Form of Application for RCMC with FIEO.
- Letter of Authority. If Partnership firm.
- Past 3 years Export Turnover Certificate from CA. Country wise, Commodity wise.
- FIEO Trade Fair – Exhibition at OMAN-2017.
- Real copy of RCMC (Registration-Cum-Membership Certificate) issued by various Export Promotion Councils.
DELIVERY TERM IN INTERNATIONAL SALES OF GOODS / INCOTERM (International Commercial Term)
HOW TO CAL ULATE EXPORT PRICE FOR VARIOUS DELIVERY TERM
- INCOTERM 2010. Right & Responsibilities of Buyers and Sellers under INCOTERM 2010. (Video Explanation)
- INCOTERM 2010: Delivery Point and Carriage appointed by.
- Responsibilities of the Seller (Exporter) and Buyer (Importer) in INCOTERM 2010.
- INCOTERM 2010: Responsibility Chart.
- INCOTERM 2010: Picture.
- How Buyer asks to quote price with INCOTERMS 2010?
- Export Pricing Methods.
- Export Costing and Export Pricing worksheet for Ex-Works, FOB/FCA. CFR/CPT and CIF/CPT Consignment.
- Responsibilities of the Seller (Exporter) and Buyer (Importer) in INCOTERM 2010.
- Costing Method for all 11 INCOTERM like EXW, FOB etc…
- Introductory – Export Documentation.
- Document wise detail who will prepare particular Document.
- Document wise and column wise Guidelines for preparing Export Documents.
- Export Document’s format (Blank and Dummy filled up for batter understand).
(Export Invoice, Annexure C1, Packing List, BL, COO, Bill of Exchange, Certificate of Inspection, Marine Insurance Certi., Shipment Advise to overseas buyer, Proforma Invoice, Intimation for Inspection, Shipper’s Instruction to CHA, Marine Insurance Declaration, Mate Receipt, Export Bill Collection Letter to the Bank, Exchange Control Declaration – SDF Form for Export through EDI Port, )
(Real Copy of Export Documents: DBK Shipping Bill, Mate’s Receipt, Bill of Loading, Airway Bill, Certificate of Origin-Non Preferential, COO-GSP Preferential, Marine Insurance Policy, ARE-1, Manufacturer’s Invoice drawn under Central Excise Rules.
Payment Term in Export – Import, Role of Banks.
- Terms of Payment – Introductory, Different type of Payment Term.
- Mode of Inward / Outward Remittances. T.T. / Swift / D.D.
- Advance Payment instructions to Importers.
- How Money Moves from Importer’s Bank A/c to Exporter’s Bank A/c.
- Bill of Exchange (Draft), Type and sample of Bill of Exchange.
- Bill of Exchange – Format
- Sample Bill of Exchange.
- Uniform Rules for Collections, 1995 Revision (URC -522).
- Bill of Lading, Clean versus Foul Bill of Lading, Short form versus Long Form Bill of Lading etc…
- Air Way Bill, Master and House Air waybill.
- FEMA 1999. Export of Goods and Services. Manner of Receipt and Payment.
- FEMA 199, Direct Dispatch of Documents by Exporter, Submission of Export Documents to Bank – Time limit.
Letter Of Credit, Procedure to open / Issue LC, Types of LC.
- Flow Chart – Parties to Letter of Credit.
- Types of Letter of Credits.
- Letter of Credit: Important Terms.
- Common Discrepancies in Letter of Credit.
- SWIFT – Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication.
- SWIFT Telex Field Definitions.
- Letter of Credit – SWIFT FORMAT (Sample).
- Real Draft copy of Letter of Credit.
Types of Container Loading, Full Container Load (FCL), Less Then Container Load (LCL).
- Container Classification, Working of space available in the container for stuffing the goods.
- Dimension (External & Internal) of General purpose container.
- Sample Letter to Shipping line / CHA asking for FCL / L.C.L. Ocean / Air Freight Quotation.
- Sample Export Quotation for Sea freight given by CHA – For LCL Shipment.
- Sample Export Quotation for Sea freight given by CHA – For LCL Door Delivery.
- Sample Export Quotation for Sea freight given by CHA – For FCL Shipment.
Central Excise, Removal of Excisable Goods for Export.
Customs procedure for Export of goods.
- Central Excise Department.(Management Chart)
- Stuffing of goods in container at Factory, List of Documents for Factory stuffing permission from customs.
- Removal of Excisable goods for Export without Payment of Excise Duty.
- Removal of Excisable goods for Export with Payment of Excise Duty.
- Export Examination Norms and procedure for export goods at port of Export.
- Real B-1 Bond copy.
- Real CT-1 form.
- Real Copy of UT-1.
- Step-By-Step Action points for Removal of Excisable Goods for Export without Payment of Excise Duty.
- Movement of Export goods at ICD / CFS / PORT and Customs Procedure.
- Shut out Shipment and Short Shipments.
Working Capital Facility from Bank for Export of goods.
Pre-Shipment / Post –Shipment Credit by Bank at very low rate
- Pre-Shipment and Post shipment Finance.
- EXIM Finance – Benefit to Exporters and Importers.
- EXIM Bank of India, Line of Credit – Introduction.
Packing and Shipping Mark of Export Goods.
Pre-Shipment Inspection of Export goods by Inspection Agencies
- Export Packing.
- Master Export Packs. Corrugated Carton, Wooden Case, Wooden Crate / Pallet, Drum, Bag, Bale etc…
- Export Labeling and Shipping Marks & Nos.
- Cargo Handing Marks / Symbols on Export Packs.
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code.
- Hazardous Materials (Dangerous Goods) & Shipping Labels on Hazardous Materials.
- Sample Marking and Numbering on Export Pack. Diagram.
- Pre-Shipment Inspection of Export Goods by the Inspection Agencies.
- Export Inspection Council of India – FAQs.
- List of Inspection and certification Agencies. (APPENDIX 5)
- Real Copy SGS Inspected Certificate.
- The WTO Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS Agreement).
- List of Officers to Grant Phytosanitary Certificate.
- Real copy of Phytosanitary Certificate.
- Real Copy of Fumigation Certificate.
Export-Import by courier / Post, Duty Free Limit.
Sales on High Seas, Tax Exemption on Export.
- FAQs on Import of Samples by post or Air etc : Clarification.
- Import – Export through Courier.
- Import – Export through Post.
- Sample Export Declaration form.
- Sale on High Seas – Letter to CHA along with list of documents required.
- Sale on High Seas – Contract.
- High Seas Seller’s & Buyer’s Letter to the customs at the port.
- Determination of assessable value for goods sold on High Seas – Customs Valuation Rules, 1988.
- VAT / CST Exemption on Export of Goods.
- Form “H” – Some Important points on Tax Exemption on Export of Goods.
- Form “H” – Real Copy.
Foreign Trade Policy and Handbook of Procedures 2015-2020.
Schedule-1 and Schedule-2. SION – Standard Input Output Norm.
- Foreign Trade Policy & Handbook of Procedures. (2015-2020). – PDF File
- Duty Drawback Rate of all products.
- SION – General Notes for Al export Products Groups.
- SION – Standard Input – Output Norms for Miscellaneous Products.
- Duty Exemption and Duty Remission Schemes. (Video Explanation)
- Very simple explanation of Duty Exemption. (Video)
- Digital Signature from DGFT. – Benefits of Digital Signature.
- DFIA - Duty Free Import Authorization (Advance Authorization) – Real Copy.
- EPCG (Export Promotion Capital Goods) Authorization – Real Copy.
Import of Goods. Customs clearance procedure of Imported goods at Port.
- IMPORT OF GOODS: Customs Procedure, Bill of Entry, Registration of License, Payment of Duty, Examination of goods etc…
- Important Provisions made in the Customs Act, 1962.
- Sample Letter to Overseas Supplier Asking for quotation and sample of product.
- Sample letter to CHA Asking for quotation for FCL / LCL customs clearance of imported goods.
- Sample Letter to CHA: Documents to be sent to CHA for the customs clearance of imported goods.
- Real Copy of Bill of Entry.
- Customs valuation (Determination of Price of Imported Goods) Rules, 2007.
- Customs Valuation Rules in Brief.
- Types of Customs Duty (Import Duty).
- Rate of Customs Duty (Import Duty) for all products.
- Import Duty Calculator.
- How to arrive at the Landing cost of the Imported Goods?
- Import Pricing Worksheet.
- Customs Notified Foreign Exchange Rates for Export and Import.
Baggage Rules, Customs clearance and Duty Free Allowances to incoming Passengers.
- Baggage Rule. Clearance of Incoming Passengers at Green Channel / Red Channel, Duty Free Allowances.
- Case Law: Vice – Chairman, Anil Nanda, Escorts Group Passing through the green channel.
- Case Law: Kamlesh Kumari Crossed Green Channel Wearing her Jewellery without declaration.
- Indian Customs Declaration Form for Incoming Passenger.
Marine Insurance Policy, Insurance against risk like Losses / Damages,
Drowning of goods etc, Survey and Claims.
- Marine Cargo Insurance. Marine Risks. Institute Cargo Clauses (A), (B), (C).
- Exclusion Clause – Risks excluded in Institute Cargo Clauses.
- Duration – Transit Clause: Time to Commence and Cease Insurance Cover.
- Institute War Clause and Institute Strike Clauses.
- Institute Cargo Clauses (Air), Inland Transit Cargo Clauses (Road/Rail).
- Meaning of the Risks Excluded in Exclusion Clauses.
- Institute Cargo Clauses A, B, C: Comparison.
- Various Insurance Policy And Cover Note.
- Important points for Examination of Marine Insurance of Policy.
- Marine Cargo Claims. Types of Losses. Claims on Shipments by Sea/By Air/Inland Transit & Procedure.
- Case Law – UK Court – Insufficient Packing – Marine Cargo Claim.
- Real Copy of Marine Insurance Policy.
Risk of Payment in Export, ECGC Insurance Policies, Settlement of claims with ECGC.
- ECGC (Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India) – Overview. How ECGC helps Exporters?
- Nation Export Insurance Account (NEIA).
- Countries Rating by ECGC on Political and Commercial Risk Basis.
- Premium Rate of ECGC as per Country Rating.
- Proposal Form 21 for Shipment Policy.
- Proposal Form for SME Policy.
- Credit Limit Application form 144.
- Monthly Shipment Declaration form.
- Small Exporter’s Policy. – Introduction and Silent features.
EXPORT SHIPMENT :
Stepwise Action Plant to be taken by the Exporter at the Pre-Shipment and post Shipment Stage.
IMPORT SHIPMENT :
Stepwise Action Plan to be taken by the Importer at the Pre-Shipment and Post Shipment Stage.